Brush & Bulky Goods
Garland Environmental Waste Services proudly offers weekly brush and bulky goods pick-up from the front curb of residences on the same day as regular trash collection. Brush and Bulky Goods Collection is provided for large household items that will not fit into your green trash container. All items placed for collection should be generated by residents at their own property. The city does not collect contractor-generated waste from construction repairs, remodeling jobs or tree/lawn work.
Please help us provide timely and safe service by following the guidelines below.
- Avoid placing brush or bulky waste near the mailbox, electrical and cable boxes, phone pedestals, sprinkler heads, overhanging limbs or other stationary obstructions.
- Materials should not create a safety hazard by blocking the view of motorists.
- Materials blocked by vehicles cannot be collected in order to avoid damage to parked vehicles.
- Brush should not be mixed with other bulky waste such as mattresses and furniture.
- Brush, bulky waste, appliances and bagged grass and leaves should be set out in separate, distinct piles at least four feet apart.
- No masonry, concrete, tires, or pallets will be picked up at the curb.
- Brush pickup is for residents who have performed tree or brushwork on their property only.
- Brush may be placed out any day within a week of collection. All other bulky items may only be placed at curbside after 6 a.m. on the day before collection. Brush and bulky items should be set out for collection no later than 7 a.m. on collection day.
- Construction debris pickup is for residents who have performed remodeling work on their own property only and can be set out for collection only four times per year during each calendar year.
- If we do not pick up your brush or bulky waste, we will leave a tag affixed to the pile explaining why it was not collected.